Please download the Induction Information Packet for more information and to access the required documents.
All candidates must submit the following:
- Non-refundable $100 application fee– payable at the end of the application. Check payments are no longer accepted
- UCLA Extension Teacher Induction-California Clear Credential Application (submitted online)
- Transcripts from the preliminary credential program verifying a 3.0 or higher GPA (BA and other transcripts not required unless petitioning for course waivers). If transcript is from an institution outside of the United States, a Foreign Transcript Evaluation must also be submitted. Photocopies of official transcripts are accepted if legible. Unofficial computer printouts are not accepted. Transcripts do not need to be sealed. The GPA requirement is considered on an individual basis and will not necessarily disqualify candidates from the program
- Copy of Preliminary Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential. You may find and print your credential using this link: ctc.ca.gov. Click the Search for an Educator button. Be sure to print and submit the detailed information page showing authorizations and renewal codes
- Employment Verification Form
- Candidate Roles and Responsibilities
- Site Administrator Roles and Responsibilities
- Two professional letters of recommendation – two signed letters of recommendation on company letterhead. These do not need to be sealed and photocopies are accepted. Previous letters written for employment purposes are accepted but should not be more than two years old. Letters do not need to be specific to this program. Letters must speak to the candidate’s teaching experience/performance.
To qualify for the Early Completion Option, you must submit the following with your application:
- A letter from your current Principal or Site Administrator recommending you for the Early Completion Option.
- Two years of recent, successful, summative teaching performance evaluations (Must be within the last three years). Evaluations must be from a public or private school in the United States. See important program information packet for samples.
To qualify for the BTSA waiver option, you must submit the following with your application:
- Proof of completing year one of BTSA
Linked below are some samples of what we are looking for.